Monday, April 14, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things!

OK tagged me. He seems to be in trouble, poor chap. The police are after him, as are the jolly old chaps from the FBI and the CIA. In a bid to throw them off his trail, he has changed blogs and can be found lurking here, but don't tell anyone

1. Last movie you saw in a theater?
Let me see....what was the name...it left me brain dead for a while.....ah yes! "Race"

2. What book are you reading?
The Small Bachelor (PGWodehouse)

3. Favorite board game?
Chess

4. Favorite magazine?
Femina (This month on the cover "HOLIDAY SEX - For 10 days I had the best sex ever.."

5. Favorite smells?
An omelet cooking, the wife (anyone else too, for that matter) wearing Nina Ricci, rain on hot mud.

6. Favorite sounds?
Mom singing one of her Kannada Bhajans, younger son singing rap, elder son playing blues on the piano, missus calling out "Naren" angrily

7. Worst feeling in the world?
That roller coaster ride in Universal Studios. Forgot the name but not the sensation.

8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
In the good ol' days it used to be "What's for breakfast?" Nowadays, "why the f*** do I have to go to the gym?"

9. Favorite fast food place?
Shankar Sandwich, opp Dalmia College, Malad West, Mumbai sixty four

10. Future child’s name?
Insurance Millionaire (wife would have killed me)

11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d….?”
Keep a furry creature on my head and call myself Donald Trump

12. Do you drive fast?
Not unless I have to go to the bathroom.

13. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
My wife does

14. Storms - cool or scary?
Cool

15. What was your first car?
Maruti Omni Van (Scalar once you press the brakes - magnitude, no direction)

16. Favorite drink?
Beer

17. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”?
Trek thru the Himalays

18. Do you eat the stems on broccoli?
I do. Not out of choice, but I do.

19. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice?
I'm at the age where the only answer is "black"

20. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in?
Mumbai, Manipal

21. Favorite sports to watch?
Football, Badminton and, if the shapelies are playing, Tennis

22. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you?
OK? That old so and so? He can be quite witty

23. What’s under your bed?
Lots of dust

24. Would you like to be born as yourself again?
Prince Haroun of the Harem would be fine with me

25. Morning person, or night owl?
Morning

26. Over easy, or sunny side up?
Sunny Side Up

27. Favorite place to relax?
Our picture window

28. Favorite pie?
Lemon tart

29. Favorite ice cream flavor?
Strawberry.

I tag The Drenched Dudeni, Cynic in Wonderland, Siri, BPSK, Rads

14 comments:

Unknown said...

The Drenched Dudeni? ROFL. Yeah, as if my real name isn't bad enough, people in Blogistan are out to shower funny names on me!

missus calling out "Naren" angrily
Is that why you're reading a book which has the word 'bachelor' in its title? To reminisce about the good ol' days? Sometime back in the 19th century? :D
#19: Are you finally accepting that you fall in the senior citizens' category?
And dude! (Sorry for the age-inappropriate title beswtoed here.) Rollercoasters are NEVER bad! You're too old to enjoy them. That's what it is.
Race so sucks. I watched it somedays back. My poor brains were jammed for a while...even topless Saifuuu was no good. :'(

The Dudeni has done this cool tag already. Does she rule or what? :D

S said...

"11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d….?”
Keep a furry creature on my head and call myself Donald Trump"

Haha :D

Preeti said...

I'm gonna agree with u on the roller coaster bit...actually for me its any ride...my stomach churns like crazy...like it would when exam results r to be out...ho hum!

Another tag well done :) Not like my verdict matters, but still ;)

Cynic in Wonderland said...

okay..im braindead and whatnot so i will do this tag RIGHT NOW

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha @

->Scalar once you press the brakes - magnitude, no direction

->Prince Haroun of the Harem would be fine with me

Anonymous said...

-Do you drive fast?
-Not unless I have to go to the bathroom.

LOL! Hilarious !!

I've read this tag on a few other blogs..must stay, you did it the BEST so far. :D

Clap Clap Clap

Bhel Puri & Seekh Kabab said...

What does "insurance millionaire" mean?

Will get to tag soon. :-)

Anonymous said...

:). Hmmm.. your missus does run a tight ship:).

Actually, you are such a cool dad:).

Have you read the PGW where a small boy and a writer swap spirits in the astral plane? Its the best PGW I have read.

-Ok

Narendra shenoy said...

@drenched - "Dudeni" is BPSK's work, which I thought was super cool. Read your response to that tag. Beautiful. Dudeni rules. Need to comment at leisure.

swetha - Thanks. Need to comment at leisure on your blog too.

preeti - Thanks, babe.

cynic - Waiting...

gradwolf - Thanks, dude.

alwayshappy - Thanks. I think I'll have a beer

bpsk - Insurance millionaire - a word of explanation is in order. My wife, when asked if we could have another child, girl this time, categorically threatened to decapitate me in a certain way which, though not necessarily leading to death, might make one wish one was. I covered myself with insurance and the idea is that if she does bear child and decides to say "off with it" and in the process if I pop it, the family will be well endowed with doubloons.

I know I am too brief and circumspect when I have to say something, but it is an old failing. Naren the Taciturn, they used to call me back in college.

OK - The missus is actually a bag of laughs. I revel in painting her as an ogre. She is anything but. However, she does espouse non-Gandhian tactics when presented with disorder at home, on which occassions one wears one's helmet and treads around the house softly.

V said...

"What was your first car?
Maruti Omni Van (Scalar once you press the brakes - magnitude, no direction)"


hahahaha, brought back some memories of close calls on the roads of b'lore

rads said...

naren: Rule #1 of tagging: INFORM the tagged! To make sure you get the bakra, go to the tagged's blog and let them know. Hound them till they do the tag :D

If not for the fact that am a good blogger who actually don't mind doing tags and admitting to reading every last line of your post, I'd have happily squirmed and ignored this away. ;--p

rads said...

@BPSK: ..and here I thought some nicks were exclusive. Bah*

Somebody Else said...

OMG. You passed a tag to me. Sniff. No one's ever done this before. Sniff. Thanks. I shall. sniff.

The black dye part cracked me up. Come now, there are advantages to not being too young. You don't have to pass insipid exams, for instance.

Purely Narcotic said...

Ah, I see Manipal :)